Looking for work life balance working in the comfort of your own home? Leidos might just have the job for you as our latest Senior Scrum Master!
You will lead a multidisciplinary, agile teams engaged on building an industry-leading streaming data pipeline focused on analysis of IT and cybersecurity datasets. You will be conducting release and sprint planning, work together with product owner and manager to identify release and sprint backlogs, and remove obstacles to enable the teams to deliver high-quality, working code. Do you like to be responsible for leading daily scrum meetings, resolving dependencies, leading scrum and release demos? You will get to do this as well as be key to sprint and release planning, using Fibonnacci estimation methods to accurately evaluate scope and schedule of work. You will be the champion of your teams, conducting regular data-driven retrospectives, and working actively to improve the process and drive team productivity. You will bring your technical team lead experience to anticipate project and implementation issues, to proactively support areas that may become a concern, to manage technical debt, and to ensure successful delivery. You are curious: you ask why, you explore, you are familiar with latest and greatest open source tools, and always fascinated by whats possible and what could be better. You must be self-driven, and feel ownership over the project, team, and process.
Fun stuff you will do on the job:
- Function as an experienced scrum master for 2-3 teams on a program.
- Perform release and sprint planning
- Drive all scrum events and uphold the scrum process
- Work on a distributed, high-paced, fast-moving and disciplined agile team
- Ensure functional and non-functional requirements are delivered
- Work across the stakeholders to ensure effective solutions are delivered
This is you:
- BS Degree in aa technical field (Computer Science, Engineering, or mathematics ideal) with 4+ years relevant experience in software development
- Tech lead experience on a program or project
- Must have experience managing dependencies, schedules, and scope
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Prior experience as a scrum master, including experience with:
o Agile Estimating and Planning
o Managing multiple stakeholders
o Conducting data-driven retrospectives
o Successful sprint, release and project delivery
o Conducting release planning events
o Conducting sprint demos
- Prior experience as a developer
- Experience with system architectures and design patterns (Focus on data ideal)
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and to independently use available resources to close knowledge gaps
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Scrum Master certification from scrum.org or AgileAlliance
- Experience with data engineering and big data tools (Kafka, Elastic Search, Spark are all a plus)
-A familiarity modern development approaches (serverless, containerization, cloud, continuous delivery, micro-services, event based applications)
- Experience with cloud deployment and cloud-based solutions
- Active Secret clearance a plus
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a Fortune 500information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the worlds toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The companys 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.