US0177 NorthEast Payroll, Division of Sysco Resources Services, LLC
Minimum Level of Education:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Manage the financial activities of the Redistribution Network in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and the corporate policies and procedures. Responsible for the direct oversight of administrative associates and providing support to the Redistribution facilities departments as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise the Administrative Associates, ensuring the necessary financial data is obtained and financial activities are practiced in accordance with GAAP and the corporate policies and procedures.
- Review and code accounts payable invoices in relation to respective profit plan data.
- Assist in reporting and forecasting facility and operational expenses as requested by the local management group and the corporate accounting group.
- Assist the corporate accounting departments in the preparation and review of period, quarter and year end closings by performing reconciliations, etc. as required to support the financial statements for the Redistribution Network.
- Oversee and review inventory adjustments daily for reconciliation of outstanding reported opco incidents, receiving errors, and local shrink issues.
- Oversee the preparation of the key metric reports as requested and collaborate with other local departments to obtain the necessary data.
- Assist in preparation of local departmental profit plans and related budgets which are rolled into the Corporate Supply Chain Budget.
- Assist the Redistribution Network with their Profit Plan and Forecast file formulas and formatting as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of the Redistribution Network Consolidated Profit Plan and Forecast files as needed.
- Oversee the Forward Warehouse Network trend sheet preparation and review, and opco incident claims processing.
- Prepare the Redistribution Networks nonexempt and exempt local criteria incentive results on a period basis.
- Oversee the review of the Redistribution Networks fixed assets and disposals, and the preparation of the audit of those assets for property tax reconciliation and reasonableness.
- Assist with the preparation and submission of applications for licenses, permits, and certifications as needed.
- Assist with preparation of reports for regulatory agencies as needed.
- Assist with preparation for local audits as required.
- Assist corporate accounting department in documentation and testing of internal controls for compliance.
- Prepare/review/process employee expense reimbursements.
- Facilitate the PCard review of user charges and the documentation to support the transactions at the Redistribution Network.
- Assist/review data collected in relation to relocation and tuition reimbursement processing to ensure compliance with federal, state, local, and corporate guidelines.
- Oversee the weekly opco incident meetings and provide assistance with the processing of those incidents by reviewing and discussing the documentation for approval, denial or pending (unresolved) incident until more data is obtained.
- Oversee the scanning of receiving paperwork, outbound BOLs, and AP invoices to ensure they are processed timely and accurately for record retention and for further processing by other departments.
- Oversee the review of our HHA and COI compliance of 3rd party contractors who come on site to work at our facility.
- Oversee and ensure the bank deposits are made timely and reconciled on a period basis.
- Oversee the preparation of freight claims, BSCC claims, and salvage invoices to ensure they are supported with appropriate backup and payments are applied to the appropriate GL accounts.
- Assist with the review of the Redistribution Networks and Central Warehouses payroll hours for reasonableness before and after the payroll preparation as a backup to the Senior Director, Administration.
- Participate in management meetings.
- Must ensure and maintain confidential information.
- Maintain records, accurate files and filing systems; type memos, letters and email correspondence.
- Comply with all applicable State/Federal laws, regulations and policies (i.e. OSHA, HACCP, BRC, etc.).
- Supports food safety policies, standard operating procedures, and prerequisite food safety control programs that meet legal and quality requirements and industry best practices as defined in our Food Safety Commitment documentation.
- Understand and comply with all applicable company policies (i.e. attendance, Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, Associate Handbook, etc.).
- Accept additional responsibilities or special projects as requested. Other duties and projects may be assigned.
- Responsible for supervising and directing a staff of up to four non-exempt associates.
- Supervise and provide direction and leadership to direct reports in the completion of assigned activities and responsibilities as well as provide ongoing communication of related status and issues to upper management.
- Determine and provide training and development of direct reports as needed.
- Assist in personnel recruitment to fulfill departmental staffing requirements.
- Responsible for associate performance evaluations of immediate subordinates on an annual basis for the purpose of communicating and properly documenting expectations and evaluations to the staff.
- Provide ongoing feedback on the performance of subordinates and the department by monitoring activities and reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill set, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Excel. Knowledgeable in other MS Office products (PowerPoint, Access and Outlook) a plus.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills between the corporate office, Redistribution Network, and Operating Company senior management.
- Must pass a physical assessment.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree required. A concentration in accounting preferred.
- Minimum two to three years experience at the exempt level in financial management reflecting a progressive increase in responsibilities.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Must be articulate and effective with written and verbal communication with individuals of broadly varying backgrounds and educational levels. Must have the ability to maintain cooperation between all departments of the Redistribution Network operations. Good interpersonal and supervisory skills. Must be able to effectively perform in a multi-tasking environment with frequent interruptions. Must be able to effectively manage confidential information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- It is expected that the incumbent will be able to work in a proactive manner, address issues, and solve problems by using previous education and experience in identifying appropriate actions. Problems will vary in complexity and there will not always be a clearly defined solution. Some solutions may require modifying past applications or creating a solution unique to the current situation but within the regulations that would apply.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
No certification needed.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk and hear. The associate frequently is required to sit for prolonged periods of time, use the telephone frequently. The associate is regularly required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The working conditions and physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the Human Resources Department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Job is performed in an office environment with some time spent in the operations area. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally is exposed to fast moving material handling equipment or other mechanical equipment or freezer/cooler warehouse environments. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This is a full-time position. The incumbent must have the ability to work a varying schedule which might include shift work (days or nights), weekdays or weekends, and some holidays. Work hours may vary or change based on departmental requirements.
Some travel may be required to support Redistribution Network business needs.
The above statement reflects the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
Candidates hired in positions eligible for Sysco benefits who start work in the months of May and June 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire*. This special medical and prescription drug plan eligibility period supersedes the standard benefit information below regarding Syscos benefits eligibility period. Standard eligibility rules (below) still apply to all other Sysco benefits.
*exclusions/exceptions may apply
Candidates who start work in the months of May and June 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire*. Standard eligibility rules and timelines apply to all other Sysco benefits, including additional healthcare benefits options, retirement benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave. Please visit https://syscobenefits.com/careers to view additional benefits information. *Exceptions/exclusions may apply
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. Were looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunityis available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.